7.03.2009

Portfolio Update 07.03.2009

I've lost money for a fourth straight week. There was a 2.6% drop in the Dow on Thursday, which I largely avoided. Since panic selling most of my holdings on the 17th, Leading Brands (NASDAQ:LBIX) has taken off. I bought 1,150 shares at $0.1899 and now they're trading at $0.59. I missed a 210% return on that one. The catalyst for the movement was Leading Brand's Q1 report, which had the company profitable for the first time in years. MGM has lost money, US Steel has lost money, Dr. Pepper is up, Boardwalk Partners is up slightly, and Entravision is down a lot. It looks increasingly likely that Entravision will have to file for bankruptcy. 40% of my portfolio is still in cash, so I'm just going to wait.

This chart uses January 1st (not October 1st) as its base, so my return appears to be 30%, but since I began investing it's actually 18%.

No comments:

Post a Comment