6.25.2010

Excess Returns and crazy AgFeed volume

Relative to the Dow Jones, I'm still doing pretty well for the year. Had you invested $100 with me on January 1st, it would be worth $10.00 more than if you had put it in the Dow Jones.

I've also updated the look of the blog. Blogger now has some fancy pants new designs, so expect changes. I ditched the clunky Fidelity widget for Yahoo! Finance's and I'm going to change the program powering my comments.

Yesterday, 313,426 shares of AgFeed were traded. Google Finance lists the average daily volume at 642,000. Today, 4.82 million were traded. I have no idea what caused that. Other US-traded Chinese agri-stocks had similar jumps in volume, but not other Chinese ADRs. An appreciating yuan only helps these agricultural firms, but I don't get the jump. It seems excessive.

No comments:

Post a Comment